Download Financial Calculator
To start managing the template you will need to first:
I. Log into your Joomla Admin Panel
Once in the Admin Panel...
II. Go to the Extensions menu tab and select Template Manager
from the drop-down menu.
When you open the Template Manager interface your first task will be to...
III. Replace the current default template with 'Financial Calculator'
. In our example - the default Joomla template
is 'Business Affair
IV. To set the Financial Calculator template as default
for your Joomla site - simply tick off its checkbox.
V. To confirm your selection
- hit the Default button in the upper right corner.
VI. Next scroll down to the template
, now marked with a star, and click it.
Here are all basic customization options supported by the template.
First you will learn to Change the Template Color
2. Go back to the Joomla Admin Panel to change the default scheme.
3. Select a new color theme from the Color Variation drop-down menu and hit Apply.
4. Go to the template preview page and refresh your browser to see how the new dark-grey-red color scheme of the template will look like online. As you can see - the green color of the links, the Joomla module images and the main navigation menu mouse over effects has been replaced by shiny red, while the other areas remain dark grey.
OK, now let's see how to Display or Hide the Logo Image
1. To deactivate the logo area - select YES in the Hide Logo option.
2. Hit the Apply button to have the change reflected online.
3. Reload your browser to see the default logo image disappear from the index page. The next customization step is to change the logo image itself.
4. Back in the Admin Panel - go and select NO in the Hide Logo option to reactivate the Logo Area.
5. Hit the Apply button to have the change updated in live mode.
6. Refresh the Template Preview page to see the default logo image come up online.
7. Select the desired logo image from the Logo Variation drop-down menu in the edit template panel. Hit again Apply to confirm the update.
8. Go to the template preview page and push the browser-reload button to see the logo image changed. The default logo image is now replaced with the newly selected one.
The next customization option is to Display or Hide the Promo Boxes
1. Jump back to the Template Management Panel and select NO from the Boxes Display option to hide the boxes from the index page.
2. Apply the change by hitting Apply.
3. Visit the template preview page and refresh your browser to see the boxes removed from the index promo area. Now you will see how to Change the positions of the promo boxes if you wish to have them activated on your site.
4. Go to the template manager and select YES in the Boxes Display option to activate the boxes area.
5. Go to the Template Preview Page and hit the browser reload button to see the boxes reactivated.
6. Select the desired boxes arrangement scheme from the Boxes Variation drop-down menu. Then hit the Apply button again to confirm the update.
7. Go again to the template preview page and reload your browser.
You can see that the promo boxes are back online with a new arrangement.
Another customization step worth mentioning is the Edit Boxes
1. Make a click back to the template management panel and introduce the desired new title for each promo box in the Box Titles fields.
2. In the Box Link fields specify the target URLs for the links featured in each one of the promo boxes.
Using the Edit-Boxes option you will be able to change the promo box titles and target links at any time according to your particular promo campaign.
3. Again, punch the Apply button to confirm the updates.
4. Visit the preview page to see the default promo box titles replaced with the ones you have just set.
VII. To save all changes
to the template made so far - simply hit the SAVE button.