'Rise of Technology
' is a free Joomla 1.5.x template that comes with a 3-column page layout; page alignment options (left/right/center); multicolor (blue/orange, green/orange, turquoise blue, christmas), parameters and XHTML/CSS support. This movie will show you how to manage it.
Download Rise of Technology
I. Log into your Joomla Admin Panel
and select the Template Manager option from the Extensions drop-down menu.
II. Select 'Rise of Technology'
from the list of Joomla templates
already installed in your Admin Panel and click Default to set the template as default skin for your Joomla site.
III. Click on the template name
to access the edit-template section
Change Page Alignment
1. To first preview the template in the default central alignment position - click the Preview link
2. If you wish to change the current position - go back to the edit-template panel and select the left or right alignment options
3. Click Apply, go to the template preview page and reload your browser to see the template repositioned the way you have specified
Change Theme Variation
1. Jump back to the edit-template panel
2. Select the desired color scheme from the Theme Variation drop-down menu
3. Apply the changes and reload your browser to see the color scheme change applied on the template preview page
Display or hide the banner area
In the edit-template panel:
1. Tick off YES for the Hide Banner Area option
2. Apply the change
3. See if it reflected on the template preview page by reloading your browser
Change the banner image
(if you need a banner on your site)
1. First select NO in the Hide Banner Area to activate the banner image option, Apply the change and reload your browser to make sure this has been done.
2. Select the banner image you like the most from the Banner Variation drop-down menu, Apply the change and see it reflected online by refreshing the template preview page
If you do not like this banner image, you could replace it with another by repeating the same Banner Variation selection steps.
Display or hide the template's logo
The logo image is displayed by default on the template and if you wish to remove it you should:
1. Select YES in the Hide Logo option
2. Apply the change and reload your browser to remove the logo image from the index
Change the logo image
1. You need to re-activate the Logo image, by selecting NO in the Hide logo option
2. Select the desired logo image from the Logo Variation drop-down menu
3. Hit the Apply button
4. Reload your browser to see the changes applied in real time on the preview page
If the selected logo image option doesn't suit you fine you can go back to the edit-template menu and set a different image. Then Apply the change and reload your browser to reflect it on the template preview page.
Change the logo font
1. Select the desired font for your logo from the Logo Font drop-down menu
2. Hit Apply
3. Reload your browser to update the template preview page with the new logo font
Choose to display or hide the date on your site
By default the data display option is active, so if you wish to disable it:
1. Select NO from the Data Display radio button menu
2. Apply the change
3. Reload your browser to see the update in live mode